We're slowly rolling out adjustments to advertisements. Starting soon:
- Your first 20 minutes of daily gameplay is always free from video ads.
- Number of video ads reduced significantly.
What prompted these changes?
My goal is to fund Mahjong 4 Friends while minimizing disruptions - video ads are currently shown after less than 10% of games overall, and I'd love to decrease that further. As part of that effort:
- Unobtrusive banner ads were added to the home screen on larger devices
- Personalized ads may now be shown to iOS users (more below)
What about personalized ads? (this section for iOS/Apple users only)
You may receive a prompt asking about personalized advertising. If you don't receive a prompt, we aren't using personalized advertising.
Personalized advertising is completely your choice.
- You can disable or enable personalized ads at any time in system settings
That said, we hope you'll allow personalized ads:
- The number of ads you see won't change
- Personalized ads bring in significantly more revenue
- This is one of the reasons I'm reducing the number of ads
- Personalized ads may be more relevant to you
How do personalized ads work?
- Personalized ads use an anonymous device identifier to allow advertisers to measure the success of their ads.
Do personalized ads use my account data?
- No. Your account data will never be shared or sold.